Tournament registration has the following steps:
Note: Steps 1 & 2 must be completed by the school/group Odyssey co-ordinator
- School Membership: Prior to January 15, 2019, ensure that your school/community group membership is registered with the international Odyssey of the Mind organization. To register, and obtain a membership number for your school, please have your school co-ordinator go to this link. Note that the Membership Registration fee of $135 is due with the registration. NOTE: you will have access to the detailed problems ONLY after you have paid your registration fees. THEREFORE YOU ARE ADVISED TO SIGN UP IMMEDIATELY, so the students can start working on the problems. If you wait till the deadline date, it is WAY TOO LATE to get started! Also, the only available mandatory coach training sessions are in October and December, and you need to have registered your school before then.
- State Association Fee Payment: Once your school has registered with the international Odyssey of the Mind organization, they will receive an emailed invoice for $80 from the Northern California State Odyssey of the Mind association. That fee needs to be paid by January 15, 2019, as per the invoice. You can pay the NorCal Membership Fees online using PayPal. Here is the link to the online State Membership Fee Payment system.
Note: Steps 3 to 5 must be completed by EACH team
- Team Registration: Each team competing in the Regional Tournament must register using this Team Registration link. (note: this link will take you to the international Odyssey of the Mind web site, where you will enter your school's Membership Number and Zip Code. Please contact your school/membership co-ordinator for the membership number and the zip code that was used for the school/membership registration. Email us if you don't know who your membership co-ordinator is. Once you log in, you can register your team by using the Team Registration link. It is on the left side of the page, and may be hard to locate, but it is there!) Team registration begins in late December.
- Regional Tournament Fees: Each team needs to pay the Tournament Registration Fee of $75, by January 25, 2019. Late registration fee of $30 additional will be accepted between January 26 and February 1, 2019. NO registration will be accepted after February 1, 2019. There are two methods for paying this.
- pay online, using PayPal by clicking on the payment link in your team registration confirmation email.
- mail in the payment (along with a printed copy of your registration confirmation) to the address below.
- Judge & Volunteer Registration: Finally, Each team MUST have both a Judge and a Volunteer register with the international Odyssey of the Mind website, by using these links: Judge Registration Link; Volunteer Registration Link. Deadline to register Judge & Volunteer is January 25, 2019. Judge & Volunteer registration begins in December.
YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT, UNLESS ALL 5 STEPS ABOVE ARE COMPLETED!
The preferred method of registration payments is online using PayPal. However, if teams wish to register via paper checks, the following process must be followed:
1. All checks must be made payable to "Silicon Valley Odyssey of the Mind" (Write Membership #, Long-term Problem, and Division on the memo line)
2. All checks must be mailed to:
Silicon Valley OotM Treasurer
c/o Renuka Dhar
39791 Benavente Ave
Fremont, CA 94539-3005
3. All registration materials and payments must be "received" not post-marked by January 25, 2019.
4. Late registration period is January 26 - February 1. At this time, the registration fees are increased by $30.
5. No registrations/fee payments will be accepted after February 1, 2019.
6. Silicon Valley OM will not be responsible for late mail delivery.